Call now to remove your CCJ 0161 711 1300
CCJ Advice Blog

CCJ horror stories: hospital staff and patients

County Court Judgments (CCJs) are issued for many reasons, but we often speak to individuals about CCJs related to parking. This is usually because prior to the CCJ being issued a PCN (Penalty Charge Notice) is sent to the owner of the vehicle, and this is either ignored or sent to the wrong address and therefore will never be received. 

Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals Trust have been found to have been involved in 58 CCJs related to parking in a twelve month period.

A number of nurses have commented on their CCJs, with some choosing to fight them in court. It’s also likely that patients have been issued CCJs, as they will also use car parks at the hospitals the trust manages.

The trust did say that “Whilst we empathise with their situation, there are at least six opportunities to pay or appeal a PCN before it gets to CCJ stage.”

CCJs related to parking are not limited to NHS car parks, anyone in the UK could be open to a CCJ being issued against them if they use a car park, and then for whatever reason a PCN is issued, and then this goes unpaid. The situation is worse if the PCN is issued to the wrong address, as it means that the CCJ itself will be issued to the wrong address.

It is entirely possible for someone to have a CCJ on their credit report, and to have never received any paperwork on it.

I’ve helped thousands of motorists with CCJs that relate to parking fines. Don’t suffer in silence – give myself and my team a call, and we can offer you advice at no cost. 

Luke Memory F.Inst.Pa, Director of External Affairs at CCJ Removal Services CIC

CCJs from Penalty Charge Notices are some of the most frustrating, as they often start out as small fines, which then increase based on non-payment. Even when they reach the CCJ stage, they are usually a lot less than a CCJ related to a loan or credit card debt, but the impact they have on an individual’s credit report is significant. In many cases, people will only become aware of the CCJ when they apply for credit and a financial services company carries out a credit check, such as when someone applies for a mortgage, a loan or a credit card. 

What to do if you have a CCJ related to a parking fine:

  • Assess the CCJ: Get professional advice on your parking CCJ. Those experts will tell you if there is an opportunity for you to remove it from your credit report. 
  • Appoint a CCJ Removal expert: Removing a CCJ can be complicated. Instead hand over the removals process to an expert, who understands the process and how to achieve the best outcome.
  • Await the outcome: The process of removing a CCJ is not instant, but it should be able to be completed in a sensible period of time.
If you need help with your CCJ, please reach out to us.
You can call our team on 0161 711 1300 to get a free review of your CCJ.

Start your CCJ Removal

For the fastest service, call us on 0161 711 1300 OR complete the form below

Blog Contact Form

The form that appears in the sidebar of the blog pages

*Free Review/Case Assessment Terms
To provide a Free Case Assessment we will use our best endeavours to assess your case. Solely based on the information provided by you in our initial call we will try to establish if you have legal grounds to ask the court to Set Aside your Judgment (remove a CCJ). However, there are occasions where a case can be too complex or of too high value for us to do this and in such circumstances, we will advise that we can instruct a fully qualified Barrister to provide a written legal opinion at a fixed upfront cost. This is an essential component of our service as we are licensed by the Bar Standards Board and this enables us to provide clients with access to high quality professional legal advice at a reasonable cost. In such cases the Barristers opinion becomes your property, and you are not obliged to continue with any further services from CCJ Removal Services C.I.C.. The Barristers opinion will be offered to ensure that we are always giving clients the best advice from the first enquiry that they have made with CCJ Removal Services C.I.C.. There may also be circumstances where we have provided a Free Case Assessment and further information about the case is discovered after we have started the work. This also may dictate that we must then instruct a Barrister to provide a written legal opinion to ensure that you are taking the correct course of action and to protect you from becoming liable for the claimants costs.

CCJ Removal Services C.I.C.

Company Registration Number: 14104820
Registered Office:16 Upper Woburn Place, London, Greater London, WC1H 0AF

Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy

CCJ Removal Services C.I.C Registration number 14104820 are a Not for Profit, Community Interest Company, we are not solicitors and we are not regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). We are regulated by the Office of the Regulator of Community Interest Companies .We are members of the Institute of Paralegals (IOP) and the Civil Mediation Council (CMC). We hold Professional Indemnity Insurance of £1M and we are Licensed by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) to Instruct Barristers. We can assist clients in the process of removing a CCJ and can assist you in dealing with the claimant and the court service on your behalf. Our team is made up of either qualified or experienced paralegals who we employ as case workers. . You will remain a Litigant in Person (LIP) throughout your case. We can arrange Court representation for you via a Regulated third party court advocacy provider, Barristers Chambers or a Barrister directly. We can assist you to complete court paperwork, and assist you to draft legal documents. We will advise and guide you through the court process. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent service at an affordable cost and we will always do our best to exceed clients expectations. You cannot make a complaint about us to the Law Society, The Legal Ombudsman or the SRA as we are not regulated and fall outside of their jurisdiction. You can complain about a Regulated Barrister to the Bar Standards Board (BSB), if you are unhappy with the service that they have provided. If you have any questions about our service and how we work we welcome you to contact us so we can explain in full and email you full details of our services. Any complaints about our service would need to be referred to the Office of the Regulator of Community Interest Companies However we will do all we can to resolve any complaints before this becomes necessary.